Thursday, January 24, 2013

Carsten is here!!!!

We are so pleased to officially announce that our son, Carsten Crawford Walker, has officially arrived!  Sunday, at 5:30 pm, my water broke while watching tv at home with Matt.  We checked into the hospital around 6:15 pm, dilated to 3 cm, and contractions were really picking up.  At 7:30 pm I received an epidural and was dilated to 5 cm.  By 11 pm, I had dilated to 8 cm....and by 2:00 am was ready to push.  We waited for the nurse to get everything set up, and started pushing with the doctor at 2:30 am.  After about 12 pushes, Carsten officially arrived making plenty of noise!  Matt and I were completely overjoyed!  No words will ever describe that feeling, but we couldn't be happier!  Carsten was perfect in every way, and we are all doing great!  He weighed 8 lbs 3 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long.  The hospital stay was quite brief.  Because Carsten was doing so well, and I was feeling so great, we were allowed to come home at 6:30 pm on Tuesday (instead of Wednesday like we originally thought).  We were very happy to be leaving the hospital and starting our "new normal" at home.  Here are a few pictures of our new little love.